Chief Executive Welcome
Dear parent/ carer,
Welcome to Dudley Academies Trust
As the Chief Executive of Dudley Academies Trust, I am delighted to hear that you have been offered a place for your child to attend one our secondary academies in September 2020.
We are working hard on providing you with up to date information based on the current climate. The academy will be contacting you to tell you more about transition and everything else that you will need to know before your child starts. For now, I would like to tell you a little more about Dudley Academies Trust and the work that we are doing to improve the prospects for children just like yours.
The vision for Dudley Academies Trust is that our family of schools will be the first choice for young people and parent and carers in north and central Dudley. Since the Trust became fully operational in September 2018, we have:
- Hired dozens of outstanding teachers who have the ability to inspire our learners.
- Introduced new teaching methods that ensure a positive attitude to learning.
- Launched a new behaviour policy called Values Driven Expectations which has been popular with learners and teachers alike. There is a strong focus on rewards.
- Invested over £5 million in school buildings, with big plans for the future.
- Installed over 1400 PCs and laptops.
- Purchased award-winning artificial intelligence software called ‘Century’ and Hegarty, which offers each child a programme of learning designed around their individual ability.
As a result of all of this activity, all four of our secondary academies made good progress in the GCSE results that they achieved last summer. This is just the start; there will be plenty more developments and great news to tell you about in the months and years to come.
May I wish your child every success and an enjoyable experience during their school years. I look forward to meeting you in the near future.