Free School Meals
If your circumstances have changed due to COVID-19 and you are now in receipt of benefits such as Universal Credit, then you may be entitled to apply for Free School Meals for your child. Even if your circumstances have only changed for the short term, you still have the right to apply.
The Free School Meals entitlement can be applied for where the parent’s income satisfies any one of the following conditions at the time of applying:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
- If you believe your child should be eligible for Free School Meals based on these criteria, you can apply now. A paper copy of the application form can be requested from the Academy, however we encourage applications to be made online via the Academy website.