Year 7 - Literacy 4 Life
Literacy for Life is a special feature of our academy. It acts as a bridge between the two school systems, helping your child to make a success of secondary education and a great start in life.
Here are some of the things that make L4L special:
- It’s run by a small team of teachers who really get to know the learners and how to help them progress
- It teaches skills that learners can use across all of the different subjects – skills that they will use for many years to come
- It tracks the progress of each individual learner, so that teachers can give you an exact picture of how your child is getting on
- It gives children an enthusiasm for learning by teaching a series of interesting ‘themes’ or topics that children can relate to
- It uses an artificial intelligence programme to help children achieve their best in all aspects of literacy.
As part of our Literacy 4 Life lessons we asked learners to write a speech to their follow learners and teachers that they could deliver at the end of the year. We were really impressed by all of these. Below is a video of Jack reading out his.