Re-opening plans and autumn coronavirus (COVID-19) testing arrangements
I hope you and your families continue to be safe and well. I am writing to you regarding the arrangements for the new academic year, starting in September.
At Pegasus Academy we will continue to comply with Government guidance and will continue with some caution. As a minimum we will continue to:
- Expect everyone in the academy (unless exempt) to wear a face covering in indoor spaces, including classrooms. This will be reviewable on a regular basis.
- To promote good hygiene for everyone- use of handwashing and hand sanitising
- Maintain our cleaning regimes
- Keep rooms well ventilated
- Follow Public Health and Government advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19.
A key part of the Government’s plans for a safe return to school after the summer holidays is the mass testing of all secondary learners and staff, prior to their return to the classroom using ‘lateral flow tests’. This is a similar approach to the one taken when schools re-opened in March. Learners will be tested twice at the academy when they return. Therefore, this will mean a ‘staggered’ start to school re-opening, which is outlined in the attached letters that can be found below. Please make sure you read the correct letter for the year group that your child will be in from September.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Mr AP Landers